Philadelphia Police Organization Demands Apology From Chris Britt


What I want for Christmas is for people to get a sense of humor.  Seems people have lost it.  John McNesby, head of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police is upset with cartoonist Chris Brittthat's depiction of the police.  He called it “disrespectful and highly offensive,” and added:
There is a special place in hell for you miserable parasites in the media who seek to exploit violence and hatred in order to sell advertisements.
Rest assured that this letter will be distributed to as many residents and businesses in Bucks County as we are able to reach. Here’s wishing you a bankrupt New Year.
Chris Brittthat respectfully defended the cartoon in a letter to Philadelphia magazine, by saying:
The apology requested by the FOP from me regarding my cartoon will not be forthcoming. The bully who yells the loudest does not always get his way.
So, to the hotheaded and venomous rant by Mr. McNesby against my cartoon, myself and the media as a whole, I say that his misguided anger and inelegant choice of words only reinforce what many have come to believe – that too many law-enforcement officers view the rest of us with utter disdain. I hope Santa brings Mr. McNesby a stocking full of joy, understanding and humility.
Is the police not supposed to protect us and let us express our freedom?  I guess not.  If I were Chris Brittthat I would stay out of Philadelphia streets for awhile.